Connecting & Educating Professionals Who Help Meet the Life Enrichment Needs of the Elderly
Life Enrichment Coordinators, Recreation Directors, Lifestyles Coordinators . . . job titles vary, but the goal is the same: to provide social, emotional, spiritual, physical, and recreational care for elders in long-term care communities.
Activity Professionals Association of Greater Dallas offers support to activity professionals through resources, social functions, contacts, and continuing education credits.
Strategic Plan for 2021
In the past year, we have seen amazing adaptation and resilience by our members and those in the Activity Profession. We are so proud of how you have overcome the obstacles and faced so many challenges. Thank you for continuing to bring love and joy to those you serve.
For multiple reasons, including Covid, the membership voted at the end of 2020 that the format of the Association would undergo a major change going forward.
Instead of offering year-round in person meetings for 1-1.5 CEU hours, we are now focusing all our energy in creating a large two-day seminar each fall to provide networking opportunities, CEUs, and open our resources to those outside of Greater Dallas!
What does this mean for me?
- No more membership fees! The seminar will be a one time fee for anyone who attends.
- More opportunities for diverse learning experiences! Join our group on Facebook for regular updates about opportunities to earn CEUs virtually through all the new avenues Covid has opened for us.
- Larger networking opportunities! Since our conference will be a two day experience at a Dallas hotel, Activity Professionals from around the state will be encouraged to attend.
- More support from administration! One issue members have had over the last few years is that administration won’t let them leave the campus for a few hours to come to meetings. By holding a once a year event, administrators may be more willing to pay and more willing to allow the AP to be out of the building. It is also easier to take one vacation day instead of several small chunks throughout the year.
- You can still get all the CEUs you need to meet state requirements. For Long Term Care, state regulations require 8 CEUs. The seminar will offer more than that (final number to be determined)
We hope this is a rewarding experience for all our “past” members. If you have any questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
You Are Important!
You Make a Difference!
What is an Activity Professional?
How do I become one?
Learn more about Activity Professionals and the Modular Education Program for Activity Professionals (MEPAP) course required to become qualified in the state of Texas.
©2017 Activity Professional Association of Greater Dallas
APAGD PO Box 832324, Richardson, TX 75081 | Email us